Users can receive push notifications, texts, and/or emails.
User groups or individuals will receive notifications when the following actions are taken by an admin:
- Lesson or Quiz goes from “Hidden” to “Visible”
- You have the option to toggle notifications on and off from the lesson or quiz screen before hitting save, making the choice yours whether your learners will receive a notification or not.
- Package is made visible
- Admin have the ability to toggle notifications on or off when making a package visible.
- Package or Folder has users/groups added
- Admin have the ability to toggle notifications on or off when adding users or groups.
- Users are notified to complete a Lesson or Quiz from Analytics
- Grading a user's free response question(s) - on a 30 minute delay
- If a Lesson or Quiz is already visible to Group 1 and an admin adds Group 2 to the list, Group 2 will be notified but Group 1 will not be notified.
- Group 1 received notifications at the point it was made visible to them.
- If a Lesson or Quiz is visible to Group 1 and 2 and the admin hides it, makes changes, and then makes it Visible to the same groups again, both Group 1 and 2 will receive a notification at the point it becomes visible, unless the notification toggle is not checked.
- Note: The same is true at the package level.
What the Users Receive:
Depending on what type of notifications users opt into, they may receive push notifications, texts, and/or emails.
- By default, users are set to receive emails. If using the mobile app, users are also prompted to allow push notifications. Finally, users may opt-into text messages.
- When a push notification is received by a user on their mobile device, opening the notification will take them to respective lesson, quiz, or results page of the mobile app.
- Email and text notifications will direct users to the web app.
How Users Manage Notifications:
When a new user downloads the mobile app, they will receive a modal asking them if they would like to turn on notifications. Users are by default opted into emails, but may opt out and may additionally opt into text messages. Additionally, users can choose which actions will prompt notifications. If the user would like to edit their settings, notifications can be managed in the following ways:
- Within the mobile app (iPhone and Android): My Profile > Settings > Notifications
- iPhone Option 1: Settings > Notifications > Learn to Win > Allow Notifications
- iPhone Option 2: Settings > Learn to Win > Notifications > Allow Notifications